Berlin, July 6th, 2021
Successful cooperation between Kithara and PLC2 Design
Kithara Software GmbH in cooperation with PLC2 Design GmbH have successfully implemented the integration of the frame grabber card PGC-1000 into the real-time operating system Kithara RealTime Suite.
Berlin, May 26th, 2021
Passthrough and Mirroring — Monitoring on a New Level
Monitoring data communication is indispensable for the development of demanding real-time applications. For this purpose, virtual interfaces can be employed. Read the latest on the new Network PTM Extension.
How to Tame 10 000 Volt
The Freiburg-based company MacroTech ist specialist for vacuum coating systems, where high-energy electron beams need to be accurately directed and kept under control. Among other components, Kithara RealTime Suite with its high-performance functions, provides the necessary precision.Read the case study here
Kithara RealTime Suite
Real Time for Windows
In the modern world, time is a crucial factor. Turn your Windows PC into a real-time machine.
Kithara RealTime Suite is a modularly built real-time operating system (RTOS) that runs parallel to Windows and therefore allows for high flexibility and adjustability while providing hard real-time capabilities. It is commonly used in industry and research for control, monitoring and communication of automated processes with microsecond accuracy.About Kithara RealTime Suite How Does Real Time Work?
Real Time to the Core
Kithara has been the real-time specialist for Windows for more than 20 years. Our comprehensive know-how and expertise enable the realization of even the most sophisticated solutions.
Acclaimed and awarded several times, Kithara RealTime Suite is a modular real-time extension for Windows that combines hardware-dependent programming, communication, automation protocols as well as machine vision in a single high-performance real-time system. Due to seamless integration, the different function modules are able to efficiently operate as one unit.About Kithara
Real Time in Detail
Kithara RealTime Suite supports a wide range of both modern as well as tried and tested systems and standards:
- Real-time EtherCAT Master including distributed clock, safety (FSoE), hot-plug function, cable redundancy and a real-time CANopen Master (also embedded into EtherCAT topologies)
- Ethernet communication via native real-time drivers with up to 40 Gbit/s
- Image capture with GigE Vision and USB3 Vision as well as image processing with Halcon and OpenCV in real-time
- Real-time data storage on SSDs with several gigabyte per second and efficient storage formats MDF and PCAPng
- Communication in real time with CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, LIN, BroadR-Reach
- Support for A/D D/A and digital IO multifunction cards of varying manufacturers
- USB and serial communication, digital signal processing
- Support for all operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in 32-bit as well as 64-bit. The preemptive multitasking systems is programmable in C/C++ or Delphi. With a DLL, C# can also be used.