Real-time for Windows
In the modern world, time is a crucial factor. Manufacturing processes on an industrial level require accurate communication between application and machine.
Kithara develops software for accurate control, monitoring and analysis down to the microsecond for processes in industry and research. Our products can be found in the automotive sector, the aerospace industry, in food manufacturing as well as medical engineering. Even for the highly topical field “autonomous driving”, Kithara is contributing greatly.
The problem: Operating systems such as Microsoft Windows sometimes override priorities of running processes in order to execute their own programs and maintenance functions. This can lead to unwanted interruptions in the sequence of applications. The solution is real-time for Windows. Kithara basically creates its own protected area, which is independent and unrestricted by the operating system.About Kithara RealTime Suite
Real-time to the core
Kithara has been the real-time specialist for Windows for more than 20 years. Our comprehensive know-how and expertise enable the realization of even the most sophisticated solutions.
Acclaimed and awarded several times, Kithara RealTime Suite is a modular real-time extension for Windows that combines hardware-dependent programming, communication, automation protocols as well as machine vision in a single high-performance real-time system. Due to seamless integration, the different function modules are able to efficiently operate as one unit.About Kithara
Real-time in detail
Kithara RealTime Suite supports a wide range of both modern as well as tried and tested systems and standards:
- Real-time EtherCAT Master including distributed clock, safety (FSoE), hot-plug function, cable redundancy and a real-time CANopen Master (also embedded into EtherCAT topologies)
- Ethernet communication via native real-time drivers with up to 40 Gbit/s
- Image capture with GigE Vision and USB3 Vision as well as image processing with Halcon and OpenCV in real-time
- Real-time data storage via SSD with more than 2 Gbyte/s as well as efficient storage formats MDF and PCAPng
- Communication in real time with CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, LIN, BroadR-Reach
- Support for A/D D/A and digital IO multifunction cards of varying manufacturers
- USB and serial communication, digital signal processing
- Support for all operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in 32-bit as well as 64-bit. The preemptive multitasking systems is programmable in C/C++ or Delphi. With a DLL, C# can also be used.