Berlin, September 5th, 2019
Review and Video of the AAA in Leipzig
If the AAA in Friedrichshafen was "small but excellent", then the AAA in Leipzig was even smaller but likewise also even more excellent. At the trade show for all things about industrial automation, we enjoyed a plethora of especially high-qualtiy meetings and were able to establish a number of valuable contacts. You can find a few impressions of the trade show under the following link:
Berlin, May 10th, 2019
Faster: Real Time for 40 Gigabit Ethernet
New milestone at Kithara for real-time Ethernet: The 40 gigabit mark has been reached. Read the latest press release now.
Berlin, April 12th, 2019
Real-Time Measurement Data Logging with MDF and PCAPng
The exponentially increasing data volumes in measurement data acquisition pose major challenges for many industrial fields. Dedicated file formats are crucial tools for such tasks in order to efficiently storage specialized data sets and—in conjunction with hard real-time capabilities—get maximum value out of measurement solutions. Read more in our latest bulletin.
Kithara RealTime Suite
Real-time for Windows
In the modern world, time is a crucial factor. Turn your Windows PC into a real-time machine.
Kithara RealTime Suite is a modularly built real-time operating system (RTOS) that runs parallel to Windows and therefore allows for high flexibility and adjustability while providing hard real-time capabilities. It is commonly used in industry and research for control, monitoring and communication of automated processes with microsecond accuracy.About Kithara RealTime Suite
Real-time to the core
Kithara has been the real-time specialist for Windows for more than 20 years. Our comprehensive know-how and expertise enable the realization of even the most sophisticated solutions.
Acclaimed and awarded several times, Kithara RealTime Suite is a modular real-time extension for Windows that combines hardware-dependent programming, communication, automation protocols as well as machine vision in a single high-performance real-time system. Due to seamless integration, the different function modules are able to efficiently operate as one unit.About Kithara
Real-time in detail
Kithara RealTime Suite supports a wide range of both modern as well as tried and tested systems and standards:
- Real-time EtherCAT Master including distributed clock, safety (FSoE), hot-plug function, cable redundancy and a real-time CANopen Master (also embedded into EtherCAT topologies)
- Ethernet communication via native real-time drivers with up to 40 Gbit/s
- Image capture with GigE Vision and USB3 Vision as well as image processing with Halcon and OpenCV in real-time
- Real-time data storage via SSD with more than 2 Gbyte/s as well as efficient storage formats MDF and PCAPng
- Communication in real time with CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, LIN, BroadR-Reach
- Support for A/D D/A and digital IO multifunction cards of varying manufacturers
- USB and serial communication, digital signal processing
- Support for all operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in 32-bit as well as 64-bit. The preemptive multitasking systems is programmable in C/C++ or Delphi. With a DLL, C# can also be used.