Kithara RealTime Suite—Real-time for Windows
Kithara RealTime Suite is a real-time extension for Windows. Currently, it consists of more than 20 different function modules, which can be freely combined (with only few dependencies).
The following diagram shows with a layer model how Kithara RealTime Suite is connected to the different software and hardware components of a system.
- Communication and synchronization between application and the real-time part is done with shared memory, pipes, mailslots, sockets, events and semaphores.
- The PLC Module allows for the programming of control sequences according to IEC 61131-3 in different languages.
- The EtherCAT master is a high-performance industrial Ethernet control solution for a variety of automation tasks. Field bus protocols such as a CANopen master are also supported.
- Image data from GigE Vision and USB3 Vision cameras can be captured in real-time and processed with Halcon as well as other libraries.
- The priority-based, preemptive real-time multi-tasking environment allows for the allocation of dedicated CPU cores and provides high frequencies combined with low jitter.
- High-precision real-time timers with frequencies of up to 20 kHz
- “Dedicated” real-time mode on exclusively used CPU cores with extreme real-time properties without Windows interference
- Priority-based pre-emptive real-time multitasking
- Real-time automation with a specially developed EtherCAT Master or CANopen Master
- Fast image capturing with GigE Vision und USB3 Vision in real time
- Industrial image processing with Halcon or OpenCV in real time
- Event-triggered raw Ethernet, UDP and TCP communication in real time with up to 40 Gbit/s
- Automotive standards FlexRay, CAN/CAN FD, LIN and BroadR-Reach in real time
- Fast real-time data storage via NVMe SSDs
- Hierarchically structured data storage with MDF and PCAPng format
- Hardware-dependent programming: I/O ports, physical memory, interrupts
- Support for PCI, PCIe and PCMCIA boards, USB devices, serial COM ports (UART)
- Supports the latest Windows versions in 32 or 64 bit
- Code execution at kernel level; supports C/C++ and Delphi (requires native code generation)
- Licence management with online activation or USB dongle