General management, debugging-support, system information, basic resources, device-handling
- Supported Hardware
The Base/Kernel Module is generally the basis for every real-time system of Kithara RealTime Suite. It provides functions for opening the real-time driver from the Windows application as well as for the execution of real-time code at kernel level in order to reach the real-time context. It enables functions for general management tasks, version information and helper functions for debugging and for determining system information. It also contains mechanisms for fundamental resources such as real-time tasks, events, callbacks, shared memory, data and message pipes and fast mutex objects. Additonally, it provides functions for real-time memory management, memory copy as well as generic WDM drivers for plug-and-play installation. The integrated KiK64 allows for 32-bit code to run on 64-bit systems (only with the 64-bit version of Kithara RealTime Suite)
Maximum number of 12 logical CPUs incl. Hyperthreading, above requires Kernel CPU Extension.
Maximum 32 Gbyte RAM, above requires Kernel Memory Extension.
- Functions for opening the driver
- Execution of real-time code at kernel level
- Retrieve error descriptions
- Debugging support
- Determining system information
- Real-time tasks
- Functions for event and callback objects, fast mutex objects
- Functions for shared memory
- Data and message pipes with automatic decoupling between writing and reading side
- Device information, driver management
- Real-time memory management
- Memory copy function for real-time context
- Generic WDM driver for plug-&-play installation included
- Generated log messages compatible to Kithara Kernel Tracer
- KiK64 function: 32-bit code executable on 64-bit systems (only with the 64-bit version of Kithara RealTime Suite)
- Only languages that can generate native machine code (C/C++ or Delphi)
- Base/Kernel Module Addons: Kernel CPU Extension, Kernel Memory Extension
The following system requirements are necessary:
- Support of the CMPXCHG8B/CMPXCHG16B CPU instruction
Kernel CPU Extension
Extension for using additional logical CPUs up to 48 (more on request)
Kernel Memory Extension
Extension for using additional PC RAM
- Extended Level: up to 128 GByte
- Unlimited Level (requires Extended Level): unlimited
Kernel NUMA Extension
Use of multi-socket systems with “non-uniform memory access” architecture in real time, automatic optimization of memory allocation.
Support for devices connected with Thunderbolt.