The new Kithara »DOS Enabler«
Now available: 16-bit programs in real-time on a 32/64-bit Windows system
The »DOS Enabler« enables hardware-dependent DOS programs for several years now. The new »DOS Enabler« also supports Windows 7, 8/8.1 or 10 with 32 bit or 64 bit!
Notice: For the development of new hardware-dependent and time-critical 32-bit and 64-bit applications see »RealTime Suite«.
The new »DOS Enabler« enables hardware-dependent DOS and 16-bit Windows programs to work under Windows 7, 8/8.1 or 10. The software supports 32-bit and 64-bit systems. The new »DOS Enabler« has its own DOS system (FreeDOS) and performs the 16-bit applications natively on a separate CPU core. By elimination of any side-effects Windows, time-critical applications are possible.
The program execution including hardware access to I/O registers and physical memory as well as the handling of interrupts is done in real-time.
Same as before, but a 1000 times faster!
Features of the new »DOS Enabler«
- Usage of a separate CPU core without being interrupted by the Windows multi-tasking
- Full allocation of processing power to the DOS program, so that time-critical routines run without restriction
- Direct and undelayed access to physical I/O registers
- Direct access to physical memory between C000:0000 and E000:FFFF
- Handling of hardware interrupts
- 16-bit applications are executable under Windows 7/8/8.1/10 as well as Embedded 7/8 (32-Bit/64-bit)
- No virtualization environment necessary!
- COM ports can be redirected, e.g. to USB ports, PCMCIA cards, PCI boards, virtual COM ports
- Intelligent buffering for avoiding loss of data
New with Version 9.61
- DOS applications are able to access separate drives such as USB sticks (FAT and FAT 32 are supported)
- new command line option allows for the automatic startup of the DOS Enabler including a DOS program, e.g. for the starting via desktop icon or autorun registry entry
- on the DOS side a batch can be used to close the DOS Enabler or to shut down the PC
- improved real-time performance
New with Version 9.62
- 4 MB extended memory can be used
- support of ISA-BUS devices
- improved keycode translation
The following requirements must be met to run the »DOS Enabler«:
- Operating system Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (Windows XP not supported)
- appr. 600 MB free space on hard disk
- Under Windows 7: minimum dual-core processor (quad-core or higher recommended)
- Unter Windows 8/8.1/10: minimum quad-core processor
- Single-core PCs are not supported
For questions regarding technical support please consult us!
Download Trial Version now!
We recommend the following steps:
- Register yourself on our website (also necessary for accessing the technical manual)
- Download the »DOS Enabler« trial version.
- Read the technical manual for installation instructions
For more information and news about the »DOS Enabler« subcribe our newsletter.