Kithara Hardware access
The Kithara »RealTime Suite« is a modular real-time extension for Windows. The response of hardware over programming can be ensured with the modules. For instance it allows the direct access of I/O-Ports of the pc immediatly out of a windows application. Also the access on physical memory will be enabled.
Hardware dependent programming in real-time under Windows®
With the »RealTime Suite« it is possible to develop applications for Windows in a simple way, which meet the requirements of ”hard“ real-time.
The hardware dependet programming of the modular »RealTime Suite« consist of following components:
- Direct access to I/O-Ports (“IoPort Module”)
- Access on physical memory (“Memory Module”)
- External hardware control (“Interrupt Module”)
- Access to multifunction-expansion cards in real-time(“MultiFunction Module”)
Direct access to I/O-Ports
The IoPort Module of the »RealTime Suite« enables a direct access to the I/O ports of the pc immediatly out of a windows application. With the help of the IoPort Module users can unlock a direct access to the required I/O ports.
The direct access to I/O ports means in no way a reduction of the stability. No development of a kernel-driver is needed, so the programmer can be focused on the application and only reached the hardware over defined entry points.
- activation of an I/O port for direct access
- direct and indirect read and write access to I/O ports (8/16/32 bit)
- enquires the PCI configuration space data
- allows to set parts of the PCI configuration space
- retrieves resource information of devices
Access on physical memory
The Memory Module of the »RealTime Suite« enables the direct access to the physical memory.
The physical memory in the scope of application will appear to allow a direct access. The Memory Module supply two different mechanisms to access physical memory. The difference between both are the location of the memory: external hardware or pc-main memory.
- maps physical device memory into application memory
- frees mapped physical memory
- allocates physical memory
External hardware control
To control the external hardware, Interrupts are necessary. Use of the operating system mechanisms for interrupt processing.
- Processing of hardware interrupts at the application or kernel level
- Use of the operating system mechanisms for interrupt processing
- By using the RealTime Modules interrupts of PCI or PCIe Hardware can be processed
Access to multifunction-expansion cards in real-time
- Hardware Support
Support of multifunction cards with a vendor-neutral API, digital IO bit wise or word wise or analog I/O as: Single value, channel sequence, limited series of sequences or continuous mode with a switch buffer interrupt.
- Support of multifunction cards with a vendor-neutral API
- Digital I/O bit wise or word wise
- Analog I/O as: Single value, channel sequence, limited series of sequences or continuous mode with a switch buffer interrupt
- Real-time drivers for cards from several manufactures
- Multifunction cards with PCI- or PCIe-bus
The following multifunction cards are supported* :
- Standard LPT interface (PNP0400)
- NetMos 9805(parallel port)
- ADDI-DATA APCIe-3121
- ADDI-DATA APCI-3120
- Advantech PCI 1730U
- Wasco OPTOIO-PCI16 standard/extended
- Wasco OPTOIO-PCI32 standard/extended
- Wasco OPTOLRE-PCI16 standard/extended
- Wasco OPTOPRE-PCI8 standard/extended
- Wasco OPTOIN-PCI32 standard/extended
- Wasco OPTOIN-PCI64 standard/extended
- Wasco OPTOOUT-PCI32 standard/extended
- Wasco OPTOOUT-PCI64 standard/extended
- Wasco OPTORE-PCI16 standard/extended
- Wasco RELAIS-PCI32 standard
- Wasco ADIODA-PCI16 extended
- Wasco ADIODA-PCIF12MDA
- Wasco ADIODA-PCIF12 extended
- Wasco ADIODA-PCI12LCV
- Wasco ADIODA-PCI12MCL
- Wasco ADIODA-PCI12LAP
- Wasco IODA-PCI12K4 standard/extended
- Wasco IODA-PCI12K8 standard/extended
- Wasco WITIO-PCI32 standard/extended
- Wasco WITIO-PCI64 standard/extended
- Wasco WITIO-PCI160 standard/extended
Wasco WITIO-PCI168 extended
*This list always refers to the latest version of our software.