Real-time for Windows
In modern-day automated production, time is a crucial factor. Manufacturing processes on an industrial scale require accurate communication between application and machine.
Kithara develops software for high-precision control, monitoring and analysis of automated processes used in industry, engineering and research. Our products find application in automotive engineering, the aerospace industry, food industry as well as lumber and metal processing. We are even actively involved in cutting-edge projects for autonomous driving.
Problem and Solution: Operating systems such as Microsoft Windows sometimes overrides priorities of running processes in order to execute their own programs and maintenance functions. This can lead to unwanted interruptions in the sequence of applications. Kithara basically creates its own protected area, that is indepedent and unrestricted by the operating system.About Kithara RealTime Suite
Real time to the core
Kithara has been the real-time specialist for Windows for more than 20 years. Our comprehensive know-how and expertise enable the realization of even the most sophisticated solutions.
Acclaimed and awarded several times, Kithara RealTime Suite is a modular real-time extension for Windows that combines hardware-dependent programming, communication, automation protocols as well as machine vision in a single high-performance real-time system. Due to seamless integration, the different function modules are able to efficiently operate as one unit.About Kithara
Real time in detail
Kithara RealTime Suite supports a wide range of both modern as well as tried and tested systems and standards:
- Real-time EtherCAT Master including distributed clock, safety (FSoE), hot-plug function, cable redundancy and a real-time CANopen Master (also embedded into EtherCAT topologies)
- PLC according to IEC-61131-3 for real-time control tasks
- support of nearly every Gigabit Ethernet controller by Intel and RealTek with native real-time drivers
- Image capture with GigE Vision and USB3 Vision as well as image processing with Halcon and OpenCV in real-time
- Real-time data storage via SSD with more than 2 GByte/s
- Communication via CAN adapters with a neutral API
- Support for A/D D/A and digital IO multifunction cards of varying manufacturers
- USB and serial communication, digital signal processing
- Support for all operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in 32-bit as well as 64-bit. The preemptive multitasking systems is programmable in C/C++ or Delphi. With a DLL, C# can also be used.