Kithara Real-Time IEC 61131-3 PLC
During the years the »RealTime Suite« has been used for high-performance solutions for Windows® by numerous manufacturers of testing rigs, as well as in mechanical engeneering, automation and robotics. Now the integration of software-based Programmable Logic Control is made possible in real-time solutions.
Soft-PLC solution on Windows®
The PLC Module is seamlessly integrated into the Kithara »RealTime Suite« . Both Instruction List (IL) and Structured Text (ST) are supported languages. The PLC binary generated by the highly-optimizing compiler is loaded into he real-time parts written in other programming languages (like C/C++, Delphi or C#).
The PLC Module also supports object-oriented extensions upcoming in the next version of standard.
The PLC Module of the »RealTime Suite« includes an IEC 61131-3 compatible Soft-PLC
- PLC Library
- PLC Compiler
Kithara Software provides a Soft-PLC solution compatible to the IEC 61131-3 standard for real-time automation under the Windows® operating system family. This allows to reuse existing PLC code or just to benefit from the powerful features of IEC 61131-3 programming languages. These are easy to use and provide integrated mechanisms like real-time multi-tasking on dedicated CPUs, topology variables, function blocks and special datatypes.
- Instruction List (IL) or Structured Text (ST)
- Data types: integers, bit types, floating point, time and date types, strings, arrays, structs, enumerations, subranges, unions
- Implicit type conversion
- Binary, octal, decimal, hexadecimal literals
- Variables: input, output, inoutput, external, global, temporary, retainable
- Program organization units: programs, functions, function blocks
- Configurations and resources: devide topology in seperate units, assign topology variables, initialize program or function block variables, assign tasks, manage program instances, pass trough program parameters
- Namespaces: internal and public access
- Pointers and references
- Math: arithmetic, logic, bit operations, trigonometry
- Date and time operations
- String conversion and manipulation
- Function blocks: bi-stable, edge detection, counter, timer
- Access to Kithara API functions: shared memory, pipes, semaphores, events, callbacks, traver messages, signal processing, task synchronization
- PLC application integrated into »RealTime Suite«
- Direct interaction between PLC programs and other real-time parts written in C/C++ or Delphi
- Compile and execute PLC projects
- Find PLC application errors and warnings
- Apply topology information
- Graphical user interface
- Install handlers for compiler and run-time errors/status
- Compile PLC sources: optimized, native machine code for Windows® (32-Bit & 64-Bit)
- Import of several PLC source files
- Multi-threaded compilation