Kithara RealTime Suite—Real-time for Windows
Kithara RealTime Suite is a real-time extension for Windows. Currently, it consists of more than 20 different function modules, which can be freely combined (with only few dependencies).
The following diagram shows with a layer model how Kithara RealTime Suite is connected to the different software and hardware components of a system.
- Communication and synchronization between application and the real-time part is done with shared memory, pipes, mailslots, sockets, events and semaphores.
- The PLC Module allows for the programming of control sequences according to IEC 61131-3 in different languages.
- The EtherCAT master is a high-performance industrial Ethernet control solution for a variety of automation tasks. Field bus protocols such as a CANopen master are also supported.
- Image data from GigE Vision and USB3 Vision cameras can be captured in real-time and processed with Halcon as well as other libraries.
- The priority-based, preemptive real-time multi-tasking environment allows for the allocation of dedicated CPU cores and provides high frequencies combined with low jitter.
Kithara RealTime Suite provides mechanisms for:
- Basic functions for system and software management
- Real-time timers and multitasking
- Hardware-dependent programming
- Real-time communication via Ethernet-Sockets, UART, USB
- Master libraries for automation protocols ( EtherCAT®, CANopen®)
- Industrial machine vision (GigE Vision®, USB3 Vision®, Halcon, OpenCV)
- IEC 61131-3 compatible Soft-PLC
- Automotive protocols ( FlexRay, CAN/CAN-FD, LIN)
- Real-time libraries